Sunday, January 31, 2010

Hotel Ritz --Paris not your usual viewpoint







Bon jour. This may strike you as an odd post --that is ok I understand. Paris is always on my mind and today I found the photos to go with this post.

Everyone it seems wants to stay at the Ritz in Paris at least once. I doubt I will ever be able to afford to stay there but I did take tea at the Ritz --outdoors in front of a large hydrangea bush. It was delightful. That is one photo above.

While there I had to visit the powder room. It was the most beautiful powder room I have ever been in and I have seen some very pretty ones in show houses and in other hotels and resorts.

The room is sort of round and the walls are all boiserie in a cream shade so soothing and also cozy and grand at the same time.
Another fun thing to do at the Ritz ( and you do not have to be a hotel guest) is to take some cooking classes in the basement at the Ecole Escoffier- the school is named after the first Head Chef of the Ritz. Auguste Escoffier created the Peach Melba dessert. Some classes are filled with professional chefs or pastry chefs. I happened to be in one of those but my" food French" is pretty good and they had a translator so I was fine. My chef was a bit of a stand up comic so it was not stressful at all. Contact Hotel Ritz for classes and fees.
Next trip I may try tea again and I am sure I will pop into that pretty first floor powder room.
Oh and one other neat thing about the Ritz-- ladies you hook your hand bag onto a little thing under the table top so you don't have to place those Chanel and Louis Vuitton bags on the floor! All restaurants should do that!

Have a PINK day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails