Sunday, February 7, 2010

Time for tea







I've always loved having a tea party. As a kid I would have a tea party with my friend Cynthia and our doll and bears. We would wear hats and old fur stoles and pretty much be nerds.



I hope I have advanced some since then!

My tea cart and tea set were purchased in the early 80's and have moved from house to house and no casualties! The tall pot is for chocolate ( European tea sets usually have the chocolate pot) and the creamer and sugar are fat like the tea pot.

It is sort of a hobby for me to have tea in each city I visit. Browns Hotel in London stands out, tea at the Paris Ritz (see previous post about that location) and a lovely tea at Charleston Place Hotel in Charleston, S.C. are all happy memories. I love clotted cream and lemon curd-- most places make the lemon curd too sweet but Charleston Place and Browns got that spot on.
Angelina in Paris and Le Meurice Hotel in Paris at top spots for me too. Where would you like to take tea-how about at half past 3?

When My godchild was small she loved to take tea with the Samantha (American Girls) doll I bought her. I had fun spoiling her with tiny silver tea set and pretty tea cups.
Tea could be a first date for someone and it is fun for a shower or birthday and it is a romantic thing to do almost anytime. Here in Atlanta I like tea At the Four Seasons and The Mansion on Peachtree Hotel and at Chocolate Pink.

Someday I hope to have all my girlfriends over for a tea in my garden.

Have a PINK day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails