Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A little bit of Paris...




I don't know about you but when I walk through Paris or any pretty place and see lovely homes I wish I could peek inside. I find myself making up stories about who lives in such a house as I walk along. Just a silly fun thing to do as I meander around.




There is a lovely house in Paris that I have long admired and I took many photos of it. When I went to a showcase designer house one year an artist had painted a cabinet for use as a doll's house or storage and they looked like houses themselves.

I asked her if she copies homes from photos and she said yes. I had her make this cabinet for me and use my dream Paris house as the exterior. I think she did a great job. Last I heard of her she moved to Virginia. The detail on the cabinet is amazing--the tiles on the roof are shaded she put my pink rose topiary in and my" lucky number" is the house number.

I use it to hold all that ugly modern stereo/CD player stuff so it is useful too. What do you think did she do a good interpretation? More tomorrow on pink and my secret will soon be revealed!

Have a PINK day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails