Friday, February 5, 2010

My petite pretties...


Oh my, the title sounds very Wicked Witch in Wizard of Oz doesn't it? These are a few of my little gifts I picked up in museum gift shops in France. I love all the museums gift shops so clever and unique. When you are over there make sure to check them out. The Louvre and Versailles have the best ones.
The items above are pill box and key chain with dear Marie Antoinette on them. Some museums are closed on Mondays be sure and check on line before you plan on visiting.

I got several very unique books at the gift shop at Versailles, also pretty book marks and even a DVD tour of Versailles formatted for our TV/DVD players in USA. And I feel good about buying in those shops since it supports the museum. Some of the books are in English and some in French but the photos were so lovely that I can figure out most of the text on the French books.The Louvre gift shop is huge and really very reasonable. They sell posters and jewelry and all sorts of wonderful things.
Last time I was at the Louvre as I was leaving someone stole someting from the musuem or a shop and the guards detained about 50 visitors, plus moi, in an exit hallway for about 40 minutes. It was so funny to watch people's reactions. Some were angry, some were patient and quiet, some very curious and vocal and we never did find out what was taken or if they caught anyone. All of a sudden the guards waved us to line up for a wand scan as we left--who knows it is another French Paradox!

My blog is all better-some evil person spammed me I guess but we fixed it today.

Have a PINK day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails