Sunday, April 25, 2010

Versailles details... the monogram


These are the things that blow me away about Versailles. The details- exquisite and meticulous in execution. I could look at this door latch for an hour! I love to touch the door knobs. The last Queen's personal monogram. How well thought out to put it on door to her private rooms.


We are planning on taking the Metro to Versailles on day while we are in Paris. As I mentioned earlier we plan on seeing the private apartments of Marie Antoinette and that part is only open on the weekend. C'est la vie... not my favorite time to visit. But I can't complain I am thrilled to be going to my Belle France again.

What would you focus on at Versailles?


ave a PINK day!

2 comments:

  1. For me there is no doubt - the Queen's Hamlet. Hope you enjoy your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me it's the gardens. We pack a picnic, find a secluded spot and enjoy!
    The weather here in France has been perfect - Bonne semaine!
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails