Saturday, April 17, 2010

To sit and smell the wisteria




The white wisteria just opened up today. More blooms on the way. I got this cute bench at antique mall sort of place up in Marietta. It was only one like that-so cute. Now I have seating for 8 in the garden!! We painted it black to match all the rest of the outdoor furniture and placed it under the rose arbor that is right outside master bedroom door. It will be fun to sit and enjoy the roses and right now I sit and enjoy scent of the wisteria and white lilac --both are close to the bench.

I have a theory about white flowers. I think they smell more delicate than ones with color. All lilac scent is pleasant but white lilac is so exquisite --I wish it could be bottled. And I like the way white blooms seem to glow at dusk and in moonlight or candlelight.

So for the next few days you know where to find me-sitting on a bench enjoying my white blooms.

Have a PINK day!

2 comments:

  1. The white blossoms look like lace gracing the earth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonjour,
    Just found your beautiful blog and will be following along. This bench looks like the perfect spot to sit and smell the Wisteria.
    Bon dimanche,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails