Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Playing around with Easter place settings




I love to set the table--sometimes I am more interested in the china and accouterments than I am in the actual food ! Well, most of the time I am if truth be told. I love to view the table settings at ABC Carpet and Home in NY and in the departments stores in Paris. Caspari has a concept store in Charlottesville, Va. that is a dream for table scape people. They mix real china with Caspari paper goods and lacquerware and it is just striking -well worth a visit if you are in that area.

The small pink plates with the monkey are ISIS Ceramics and hard to find and a bit pricey. I only have the four plates in this size but I mix them with glass plates and other pink plates as shown here. The glass plates with the bunny in the middle and the accompanying bunny covered dish came from Horchow Home a few years ago. I think this will be my table setting for Easter dinner.

My silver flatware is an old Reed and Barton pattern called Love Disarmed a partly clad woman and a cupid or a baby in her arms. She may be Venus I have heard different descriptions of this pattern. Love, love love it.

It also goes well with an old pattern called Cupid which am just starting to collect. I love unusual silver. I try and use it a lot no good sitting in a drawer waiting for "something special" use your silver life is short enjoy your finer things that is my mantra.

I feel I am getting a handle on my Easter table settings might use real flowers for center of table or I might use my lavender covered large bunny topiary. I will decide that at the last minute.

Have a PINK day!

1 comment:

  1. Marie,

    That flatware is gorgeous, I'm so glad you introduced me to it!

    It's a very pink table, enjoy your holiday.

    Tootles,

    Sandy @ My Shabby Streamside Studio
    http://myshabbystreamsidestudio.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails