Sunday, March 7, 2010

All the news ...Paris style


Paris on my mind again. I love these long columns that are all over Paris. Movies and other events are advertised on them.

I didn't know what they were called so fellow blogger and Paris resident Colleen Larsson gave me the information. They are called Morris columns after the printer who obtained the right to install them around Paris. Then in 1854 Litfass a Berlin inventor used them to combat the rampant graffiti and ads all over.


An elegant solution to a messy problem. I thank the citizens of Paris for resisting an attempt in 2006 to remove them from the streets. We should have these in our major cities as well.

It is just another thing that makes Paris -well, makes Paris-Paris- a stylish solution for a mundane problem.


There is Pink Boy goofing around the column- he is such a ham or should I say jambon?


Have a PINK day!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Marie,
    I'm hoping to visit Paris for the first time in the next few months and I am SO EXCITED:-) I need to go back and read some of your other posts!
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails