Friday, March 19, 2010

La Dame aux Camelias







Camille, the 1936 American movie version of the Dumas novel with Greta Garbo and Robert Taylor is one of my favorite movies. Garbo is so fragile and mysterious and alone as Marguerite Gauthier. She doesn't "milk" the dying scene. From that Dumas novel came many movies, versions for the theatre and ballet and opera adaptations.


I loved her apartment and her beautiful dresses. I love that it is in black and white somehow that seems fitting for the woman in white.


Here are a few of my own camellias that are blooming right now. I love the soft pinks and I also have a pink and white striped one.


When I saw Moulin Rouge with Nicole Kidman it was basically the same story with the same ending but with a lot more music and drama. I loved it!


Camellias hold a special place in Southern gardens and when they start to bloom I know the other flowers of spring are soon to follow.


Have a PINK day!

3 comments:

  1. that movie sounds wonderful...i have never seen it...but i will look for it on amazon...thanks for sharing Marie...your flower is stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen the movie, I'll have to, now.

    Cherish the camillas, I've never even seen a real one!

    Tootles,

    Sandy @ My Shabby Streamside Studio
    http://myshabbystreamsidestudio.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love camellia's too! and I also love camilla grille in New Orleans!! pie slapped right on the burner and you can hear the butter sizzling on the pecan pie's crust. funny how I quickly went from flower to food!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails