Saturday, March 1, 2014

More Marie Antoinette and Versailles informaiton ...please

 Beautiful fans from 2006 movie Marie Antoinette
 Private theatre at Petit Trianon
 This is where Marie Antoinette selected her clothing for the day.
 Private rooms of Marie and Louis XVI before they were King and Queen


I am anxiously awaiting the release of anew book A Day at Versailles. I have read that the book shows many private or hidden places that you normally do not see on the tours there. April 1 is the release date. The above pictures are of some of the areas not normally seen on the tours. Every thing I learn about Versailles and Marie Antoinette (and before her time) Madame de Pompadour is fascinating to me. 
Someday I will spend a few months in the town there and do more research.
The private rooms are,of course, on a more intimate scale and really give you a feeling of how they lived.
If I can't be there I like reading about Versailles,
Have a Pink day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails