Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Swan love




Swans are an enduring passion of mine. I would love to have a pair here in our development swimming on the little lake.  I used to have swans to play with and when it snowed they looked so pretty swimming and flapping about the pond. Maybe someday I will go to the association meeting and run this by them and offer to care for them.
In the meantime I will have to make due with pretty images like these from tumblr. Perhaps Santa will bring a pair to my house? Santa loves all animals.
I'm joining in on Blissfull Whites Wednesday at Timewashed:

http://www.timewashed.com/2012/10/blissful-whites-wednesday.html

Have a Pink day!



1 comment:

  1. I love swans too and I live close to a public lake. One day I was walking beside the water and actually couldn't believe my eyes. There was a white swan on the lake.My husband didn't believe me and thought I must be mistaken until he saw for himself. He told me not to get attached to watching because some hunter would see it too. I enjoyed the swan for two or three weeks going daily to see if it was still there. One day I saw its body floating on the water and I knew the worst had happened. I was just sick over it.
    Later I saw an article in the local paper about a lady who owned a pair of swans on the other side of the county and one had gone missing.Apparently the swan had flown away from her farm to our lake. She probably had paid several hundred dollars for her swan and I was so sorry for her lost and the enjoyment I had for a while.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails