Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Private apartments of Marie Antoinette




I was so eager to see these rooms. It is an extra tour that is offered. Taking you into the rooms Marie Antoinette really used. They use the original keys ( very long and heavy) to open the doors and another guide stays at end of the small group and locks you in each room.


One of the coolest parts, for me, was peeking out from the side doors next to the Queens state bedroom. We could see the people passing in front of the ceremonial bed and I was able to get a good photo of the tassels that hang in the state/public bedroom. Posted to your right.

Unfortunately, on the day we took the tour they only had it in French so we went but didn't understand much! Story of my life ha

These rooms are somewhat furnished one bedroom even showed some clothing and had a bed.
More to come tomorrow
Have a PINK day!

3 comments:

  1. I am so pleased to have found your blog! How wonderful to be able to visit the private rooms of Marie Antoinette. I dream of visiting France and seeing all of these wonderful places myself. In the mean time I will enjoy it all through your blog! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a tassel!
    I did not take this tour...I should have
    Thanks for taking us along!
    merci
    carolg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am enjoying your posts so much! Thank you for sharing your wonderful adventure with us:)) xoxo, paulette

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails