Monday, July 5, 2010

Laduree and pinkness






Laduree is very popular. You wait on line in all of the locations around Paris. We visited them all!! I think the appeal is several things: good tasting products and sweets are always a hit. The packaging changes somewhat or they do a special series of packaging most recent was Alice in Wonderland and Marie Antoinette style floral. I got the macaroon carrier and will use it for storing little things. It is so different. I love that they change things every few months.


Their window displays are eye catching and the products are quality items and ingredients. I loved shopping at the Laduree in Versailles . We stumbled upon it set in a corner with natural light and a most obliging young man behind the counter. He told me he loves his job working for Laduree in Versailles chateau--who wouldn't? He was very sweet to me and gave me some of the pink ribbon to use for wrapping and I think it is the treasure of this last Paris trip. They do not part with the ribbon freely and he was so kind to give me a few yards. It is so precious to me I will probably use it on a project I dream of doing for Christmas.


I am a bit obsessed with the shops and the products. It is so unique and of course I love the colors. Just a happy place for me to go. The interior shot above is the one in Versailles.


There is a Laduree shop and cart in de Gaulle airport now-- who knew? It is lovely and they are very nice. So if you forgot to get someone a gift or need a few macaroons to tide you over on the flight home you are in luck.



Have a PINK day!

2 comments:

  1. Amazing! How sweet of him to give you a few yards. You are right, I have heard that lots of customers come in requesting boxes and ribbon. They even offer to pay for it and they still won't give it up. You are quite lucky. It must have been your charming smile and winning personality - or perhaps you begged. HaHa! I would have ;)

    Hugs,
    Amada

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Marie Arden darling, thanks so much for visiting my cottage and for the sweet comment you left behind, nuch appreciated. Your blog is a world of lovely pinkness and I am delighted our paths crossed, now I have a lovely rosy world to visit on daily basis.

    Love & Hugs
    Duchess

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails