Friday, July 9, 2010

Paris equals perfume!!



Who doesn't think of Paris when they think of perfume? I am reading a wonderful book now A Scented Palace by Elisabeth de Feydeau. I just started it. The history of perfume is so interesting and goes way back to Egyptian times maybe even further back.

I've worn Annick Goutal scents since she first opened in early 80's. In the last year or so I've had trouble finding the fragrances here in the department stores. So I "stocked up" on this trip.

The line is sold in all major department stores and in several boutiques around the city. I love buying it in the boutiques because they are so charming and that is where I first shopped.
The photos above are the St Sulpice location and the sales girls were so sweet there. Their featured scent this month was Cheri and all the windows reflect this in such a cute and simple manner. Style is sometimes about what is not there -- being uncluttered. The rose scented products are also a favorite I did get some rose soap and body cream-- such an indulgence!!

It was very pleasing to see the display with all the pink bottles.

Have a PINK day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails