Saturday, January 30, 2010

A good day to bake.. . in pink style







Today is a good day to make some bread or bake a pie. Cold rain outside and a chilly morning. It helps to have so many pretty pink items to work with when I cook or bake.

My kitchen and family room are green (see not everything is pink) and all my cooking items are pink- my blender and large mixer, wine bottle opener, whisks and tart pans--all pink. It took me years to acquire all this. My latest find was a pink rolling pin and pink wine bottle stoppers.
I was thinking of making French baguette today but after watching Julia Child's Baking with Julia show and seeing how long it takes to make French bread I decided to make something else! Did you know that in France the government regulates the price, weight, ingredents and the "resting time" (when bread is removed from over it must rest 20 minutes before being sold) of the humble baguette? France is serious about bread!!

Collecting pink kitchen items is now easier because in October many companies make pink items ( like Kitchen Aid they were one of the first to do this) and some of the sale money goes to Susan G Koman because October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. A win/win situation for pink lovers and doing something for finding the cure.

My behind the stove back splash is new. I had a talented artist , Jill Mulry, transfer her photo of a pink peony to tiles. I love it--I can be in the garden while I cook.You can reach Jill at jill@katchcreations.com

Well, mes amis, I am off to bake something--should I make it pink? What do you think?

Have a PINK day!

9 comments:

  1. Hello Ms. Marie,

    Welcome and what a lovely first pink Saturday post. I had not really considered that things were being made in the color pink for breast cancer awareness but now that you mention it yes, it makes sense.

    France is serious about their bread. Thanks for the smiles today. I thought I would mention I got a chuckle from the photo in the sidebar of the dogs on the pink chair with the Les Girls caption. haha!

    Sending magical fairy wishes for a
    .•*˙˙*•.HaPPy PiNk SaTuRdaY!.•*˙˙*•.

    Cheers! =D
    ~Kitty Kellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that someone has alot of Pink in their house like I do! My kitchen is Pink and Green! Thank You for sharing your Pinks!

    Have A Great Day!
    Happy Pink Saturday!

    Jennifer
    Livin' With Hoosiers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what super Pinks! I love kitchen stuff and in pink is the best! I know you love working in pink! I saw your sweet girls!! I am a puppy person too!
    Welcome to Pink Saturday!
    Happy Pink Saturday!
    Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to Pink Saturday!!!
    I love pink too!!!
    My dining room, living room, master bed and bath are painted green and everything else in my house is pink!!!!!
    How wonderful!!
    Please stop by and visit anytime!!
    Jenn~

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a lovely header... I can almost smell it's sweet bloom. Interesting bread facts. Hope you are enjoying your first pink sat.
    Blessings!
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Pink Saturday!


    Love your header, it looks smashing!
    And your post is so lovely pink...
    And...you also love Marie Antoinette...


    ~ Gabriela ~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to Pink Saturday! I can see you have lots of pretty pinks to share and I love your header too.
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. You do have a lot of pink. Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your pretty pink-on-white tea towels. Of course, all the other pink items are très jolie, too. Your maltese doggies are adorable :) Happy Pink Saturday~

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails