Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Peony power... Do Tell !




Peonies seem to have a strange power over me. I am obsessed with them. To say I love them is an understatement! I rush outside each morning to see who is open and count buds! I talk to them a little (nutty -I know) and I wish I could stop them from ever fading. They are so soft to the touch softer than other flowers I believe. I do cut a few to bring inside. I now have 58 peonies and just ordered two more for fall planting.


I think of them as my "garden children" and I love sharing their beauty with others. Alas, I am afraid my peony garden party will be a bit late and guests won't see many of them at their peak. I thought with the cooler spring they would be opening later. My current favorite if one can have a" favorite child" is the single Do Tell it is unusual and so delicate.

I love sharing them with you and I hope they help you to

Have a PINK day!


2 comments:

  1. If you ever have the chance to stop in Pike's in Seattle when the peonies are in season (June) you will really think you have made it to heaven. A couple of years ago we were there and walked through the flower market and I had never seen such a beautiful pink sight. The fragrance was equally as amazing. Rows and rows of peonies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOH, I can smell them from here! What beautiful photos- I cant wait for mine to open!
    Sparkly Hugs,
    Tobi and the Pixies!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails