Friday, May 21, 2010

Party details-peonies and food





I love to give a party especially one in the garden. I think the fun is in the details --what will I serve, how the invitation looks, favors for guests, the table setting.



My peony party was a simple garden party -- a good excuse to sit outside and enjoy the garden and each other's company.


I had fun making the napkins pretty- I love to use linen napkins and this time I had these great peony napkin rings and I took a Caspari paper peony napkin and placed it over the linen one for a punch of color. Since I adore pink (and green) a lot of my china and table accoutrement's are in those colors.


We made the favor boxes froma Martha Stewart kit--they were a bit troublesome but we finally got the boxes to stay closed. I had them at the hall table to give out as guests left.


Even the food was color coordinated- pink and greens. I love a colorful salad and with kiwi and pomegranate seeds my crab salad matched the theme of peony party perfectly!


Have a PINK day!

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails