Friday, May 14, 2010

Images that inspire me


I find lots of inspiration in magazines and on Internet photo sites and of course on other blogs. I don't think any of us can get too much "pretty" in life. So many things are ugly and people do not always act nicely--it is a joy to see some pretty pictures and places. Above is from Martha Stewart Bridal magzaine pink issue. I love the walls, the molding on them and the color.

I also feel that if a place is pretty ( maybe pink too) people tend to behave better in lovely surroundings. If a place is clean and neat people will, for the most part, try and keep it that way. When I taught in high schools years ago my room was neat and had pink things and plants and the kids loved that and didn't trash the room.

Remember that study they did years ago saying colors like pink make you calmer so they use it in prison rooms and red makes you eat faster so restaurants often use red to get you in and out? Of course, with all the pink in my home I should be blissed out and very mellow all the time! Hmm

Have a PINK day!

2 comments:

  1. Oh this is a great image. I love the more simple ones they speak to me more somehow! Thanks for sharing!
    Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a nice thought to think that pink could be the color of peace.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails