Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Swan love and Spring dinner











Friends came by on their way to Florida so what better time than that to do a dinner with a Spring time feel in the mist of Winter? I will take any excuse I can get to hurry Spring along.
After 5 years of searching I finally found my huge Italian pottery swan tureen. I kept missing them when they came up for auction. I gather it was made in the 70's or early 80's by pottery studio Erna in Italy. I just love the look of her.
 We bid on it and then in a special ,happy serendipity our friends the ones passing by staying one night on way to Florida passed right by the auction house in Ohio so they brought her to me! I had the smaller version of her that is cracked in the base.
It was meant to be I think. I have named her Cecelia and she is Queen of all my swans and presides over the dining room with swan like grace. 
Dreams do come true! I love her.
Tabletop Thursday:
http://www.astrollthrulife.net/
Show and Tell Friday
http://romantichome.blogspot.com/
Have a Pink day!

1 comment:

  1. Just glorious! I love your idea of moving winter along.

    I'd love to have you join me at Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails