Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Versailles newly open apartments of the King's daughters



Versailles continues restoring rooms and 6 rooms of the nine that belonged to Mesdames are now open. The sumptuous apartments of the King's daughters tell a story of privilege and female history. As unmarried daughters they were not that powerful but they were the object of the King's love. He spared no expense in their quarters.
When I visited a few years ago these rooms were not completed and now when I return in a few weeks I will get to see something new! That is one reason I always try to visit the chateau at least one day every time I am in France.I love the pretty colors and the tassels and the feminine furniture. I think, for me, that is a large part of why I love French furniture it is so feminine and light. Here is the link to read more:
Have a Pink day!

4 comments:

  1. Oh they are so beautiful! I haven't seen them yet and you will be able to soon. I didn't get to Versailles when we were there a few weeks ago but next time I will go again. I love the style as it is so feminine and elegant! So gorgeous!
    best wishes
    Frances

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what fun! I have no idea, when I will return to Versailles and I have a cousin who lives quite close to that wonderful town and palace! Take lots of photos for all of us poor souls who might miss this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for letting me know about this, Marie. I will definitely revisit when I'm in Paris in April, if not sooner. :)

    I'm delighted you are returning in a few weeks! Wishing you a most wonderful trip and I look forward to reading all about it.

    G

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails