Sunday, October 30, 2011

Halloween treats a la Martha Stewart


I got this idea from the Martha Stewart Halloween magazine. She sure loves this holiday. She made them with chocolate madeleines but I opted for brownies without nuts and I fixed the marshmallow skulls on with a bit of chocolate icing. The eyes and nose in skulls are black frosting i put on with a toothpick and actually made a hole.
The mouth is a cut and you cut the sides of the big marshmallow with scissors to give it a skull shape. I gave these treats to the neighbor kids, postal carrier etc. We do candy on trick or treat night but these were extra.
I think the treating time should always fall on the Saturday closest to October 31 it would make life easier and who wants to go out on a school night?
Have a Pink day!

2 comments:

  1. Such adorable treats! Happy Halloween! Hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  2. What would we do without Martha? Really cute treats.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails