Monday, April 11, 2011

Tea with Jane Austen in the garden

Jane would love to have a cup with you!
Tea always refreshes especially when drunk in the garden A treasured book so fun to read
A delicate cup of lilac flowers and butterfly napkins
Chocolate treats adorned with pansies what fun!
Jane would love pink sugar what a novelty that would be for her
I use my silver sugar bowl for candy Just a few of the books I have read by and about Jane Austen
Join in tea time fun with Wanda Lee at :
http://silkenpurse.blogspot.com/


and stop in with Lady Katherine too:
http://ladykatherineteaparlor.blogspot.com/


And don't forget Sandi at:



Today I am taking tea with Jane--Jane Austen in book form . How I wish I could time travel and go back and really take tea with her.

Jane Austen loved tea. She mentions it often in her novels and her letters. Tea, in her day, was a social ritual not to be ignored or made light of.

Tea was kept under lock and key and Jane loved a "good" tea and looked for new teas when she went to town.

Harper Lee (author of To Kill a Mockingbird) said "All I want to be is the Jane Austen of south Alabama."Should you be one of the few unfortunate readers to have not read her please correct this immediately-- preferably while sipping tea.


Have a Pink day!

6 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your outdoor tea, everything is so pretty. Your choclolate covered biscuits look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful setting for tea. I love your chair and I can imagine Jane sitting enjoying tea with you! Just Lovely! yvette@twistedvines

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Marie,
    Your outdoor tea is lovely. I think there are a good many of us who would love to have tea with Jane! I enjoyed your post about carriages too. The charm is adorable! Thanks for stopping by and having tea with me. Hope you're having a delightful week.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love anything Jane Austen! Your tea setting is lovely and welcoming. I agree, if pink sugar was available at the time... we would have read about it in one of her novels. Beautiful photos! Thank you for sharing! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a huge Jane Austen fan, but I've not seen this book. I love your tea setting. So inviting.

    Jocelyn @
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely setting! I love both those authors...and I'm from southern Alabama!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails