Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Lunch in the library for Tablescape Thursday

This young man asks you to join us for lunch in the library
I love to sit in my library and have lunch or tea

Chinoiserie lion candle he is guarding my lunch!

Candy on dessert plate is Japanese botan rice candy and marshmallows

My tray coffee table is a good spot to serve lunch


Plates Cloisonne Peony Black Fitz and Floyd

Sushi chefs place the food to be pleasing to the eye

Thanks for taking a look at my library lunch and please join Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for more tablescapes today:http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/

My library is a cozy spot. I love to sit and read or write poetry and have my lunch there. Not all my rooms are pink. The library is a warm apricot color with white bookcases and ceramic stools with Asian patterns that serve as end tables.

Sometimes a light lunch of sushi prepared by our friend Ferry at Soba restaurant in Marietta Ga is just the thing. I thought I'd have some fun and show you some of my Asian inspired china. Chopsticks in purple liven up the table
To see other tablescapes in pink go back a few days
What ever color your lunch spot is


Have a Pink day!

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely post. Thanks for sharing!
    *~Imogen*~
    http://imogenbegins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooohh!!! Those plates are FABULOUS!!! I also love the lion candle...very imaginative! The purple chopsticks are great! They really DO add to the overall look! Hope your weather there is getting better. I know you guys aren't used to this much snow. We got 12+ inches here yesterday. We have dug out here at home, but a lot of the city is still paralyzed with subzero temps overnight on top of everything else. Great....NOT!!! I'm having a Chinese New Year Luncheon here at home tomorrow at which I may very well be the only guest if these streets don't get better! :-) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had the same idea today about dining in the library! Your luncheon looks lovely and tranquil, just the way an enjoyable meal should be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can tell that you had a great time creating this whimsically wonderful tablescape. The Fitz and Floyd Chinoiserie Peony is such an elegant pattern. Thank you for sharing your charming design. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a perfectly wonderful tray in your library. What a great spot for a tranquil lunch.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails