Thursday, November 4, 2010

Do you know this bear?




In the early 80's I became aware of a series of children's books about a very special bear who resides in Paris and has many adventures and many interesting friends. Steiff actually created a bear to match the one the author used as Ophelia. I loved all the books so much I gave them to my godchildren. Books are a special part of childhood they seem to stay with us forever. I still have all my favorite childhood books and I know my Godchildren saved the ones I gave them.

I envied Ophelia her fabulous life in Paris- she was always living pink.

Her story took her to some far off places and she met some interesting people and bears. I hope my Godchildren took away a sense of adventure and want to experience some of the places that she traveled so stylishly to visit.

You can still get the books on Amazon.

Have a PINK day!


1 comment:

  1. I had no idea! I guess it's because I had a boy in 1980, and somehow I missed these! I have started a lovely collection of books for future grandchildren. Some of the nicest memories of childhood are reading wonderful books together! I can't walk past any Nancy Drew at yard sales or antique shows without smiling! My all time favorite, however, was The Boxcar Children.
    Will be on the lookout for these!
    --Lee Ann

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails