Saturday, October 3, 2015

Lavabo... say what?




My dear friend is going to move to assisted living and she had this antique lavabo in her bathroom and she gave it to me. It is pink and red and white and has chinoiserie scenes so pretty. 
Lavabos were originally used in churches for ecclesiastical purposes and then some were made for gardens. Now they are largely decorative. This one is missing the bowl at the bottom where water for hand washing would spill into.  But I think it is gorgeous and best of all when I look at it I will be reminded or my friend.
Sharing with friends is so important. Sharing our time with others helping out or just listening is important too.
Have a Pink day!

2 comments:

  1. What a great gift from a special friend.....

    Smiles~
    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it was very kind of her to give me something she loved so much. I hope she can come over soon and see it up in master bath.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails