Friday, September 5, 2014

French apartment of Joan Rivers



 I think she had prettiest terrace in NY city




Like many fans I have been so sad about the sudden death of Joan Rivers. She had so much energy and was such an interesting person that it is hard to grasp that she is gone.I think she had amazing drive and stamina especially for someone 81 years old. I loved watching her on QVC years ago and I bought some of her jewelry early on and still enjoy it. She copied from expensive vintage jewelry that she owned or had seen in London.  She was a kind person despite her on stage persona and she did a lot of charity work and helped new comics get a start. I think she was also a very loyal friend and a great mother and grandmother.
Her NY apartment is a work of art in my opinion. It is in the Spencer condo at East 62 ST and is 5200 square feet of wonderful!  
She was into building her brand before we even had that term-- she had show business, fashion business and her books.
Here is a great link to see more detail:

 http://www.businessinsider.com/joan-rivers-re-lists-upper-east-side-penthouse-for-295-million-2012-4?op=1

She had great style in fashion and the apartment is work of art. I wish she had written a book about putting her apartment together the history of it and the fabulous furniture she collected. Wish I had a spare 29 million to snap it up when it goes on the market. That is not including furniture. Knowing  her spirit as a long time fan, I bet the contents will be auctioned off at Christy's and a lot of it donated to the charities she supported.
I think we will remember her for her wit and style
Have a Pink day!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, it's sad, I was a huge fan too! Gorgeous apartment in NYC.
    Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails