Friday, July 27, 2012

Born to Shop lady Suzy Gershman

She was Born to Shop and she sure did. She shopped all over the world and took us with her --literally and via her books. I always buy her books before going to a new country not only for the shopping information but just the general country and customs info too.
I never met her but I feel like I have. She wrote her book C'est La Vie when she moved to France to live after her husband died. It was a funny book, sad sometimes and an insight to Paris living.  Everyone says how kind and generous she was and that can't be bought in any shop. 
She lived a big life and took us along for the fun. Sadly, she passed away from brain cancer on July 25 she was only 64.
I am sure she is finding new adventures now and maybe even a bit of shopping...
Have a Pink day!

3 comments:

  1. Oh I loved Suzy Gershman and I am so sad to hear of her death.
    I took her book to Paris so I did not miss out on anything great to look at .
    I believe she moved to Paris to live .
    Vale Suzy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was Suzy's BFF and Born to shop co-author for the past eight years. It's so touching to read these tributes; Suzy would be pleased. Yes, she lived large, shopped like there was no tomorrow, but best of all, treated everyone she met with kindness and respect. I will miss her terribly.
    Sarah Lahey

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was Suzy's BFF and Born to shop co-author for the past eight years. It's so touching to read these tributes; Suzy would be pleased. Yes, she lived large, shopped like there was no tomorrow, but best of all, treated everyone she met with kindness and respect. I will miss her terribly.
    Sarah Lahey

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails