Thursday, March 17, 2011

Pink casserole dish and dinner

Home Goods pink casserole dish love the wavy edges. I made the floral centerpiece

Show and Tell Friday
I know we are not to show recipes really but I am highlighting my new PINK casserole dish and bunny creamer.
Please stop by My Romantic Home to see more show and tell:
I got this cute casserole dish at Home Goods and wanted to use it right away so I made a chicken and veggie casserole for Pink Boy. It came out well and we had a lot of veggies in the casserole. I served it with a small salad and fresh iced tea.
I am participating in Foodie Friday click here to see other recipes:


Here it is --so simple to make:

Marie Arden's Casserole


1 cooked chicken from your local Costco or deli no skin all meat cut up in small bites


1 cup peas ( I use the steamer ones from Birds Eye


1 cup carrots diced up fresh


1 cup broccoli cut up small steamed


1 cup corn ( again steamers)

1 package no cholesterol noodles cooked or you could use 3 cups of cooked rice

Make a sauce after assembling all the other ingredients in a large bowl.

Sauce:


1 stick butter melted


1 cup sifted flour stirred slowly into melted butter


add 1/2 cup wine slowly white wine


then add 1 cup milk slowly


add salt, pepper and fresh cut chives to your taste


I also add about 1/2 t. nutmeg to the sauce YUM


Spray casserole with bakers ease spray first then add mixture


Bake at 375 in casserole dish for about 30-40 minutes.


I added a little cheese and panko to top it off.


Have a Pink day!

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails