Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Garden planning table for this Tablescape Thursday

A table by a sunny window is such a delight in the greyness of winter
Everything is ready for me to begin planning. All china Mariposa

My dear bunny. She is never far away. I love to bring her to the table

I'm ready to have lunch and order some new plants/seeds for the garden

Watering can napkin ring from Boxwoods, pink lucite flatware from Horchow

My little watering can holds my pink pens and pink pencils. Watermelon salt and pepper

Before I have lunch I must look at a few ideas in books and catalogs for inspiration

J'adore English gardening magazines. I save them they are expensive!

Some cabbages for inspiration and to enjoy their soothing green hue

My original garden plan- oh, how it has changed over the years!
Pink polka dot glass a gift from dear Doris in Virginia

Happy Tablescape Thursday!

A Joyful Show and Tell Friday!
Thanks to Susan at Naps on the Porch for hosting another fun Tablescape Thursday. Please click here to see what everyone else has created for today.http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/

Well, I do see signs of spring arriving even though temperatures are still very chilly. My white dogwood tree has buds! So today I decided to sit in the sunny front window and work on my garden plans for our spring/summer 2011 garden.

I don't think any gardener is ever"finished" with their garden. I always find some new plant or new way to change things a bit. My garden contains mainly pink or white flowering plants and trees and most everything has a delicious scent.

I've gathered some of my favorite garden books to look through and my Song Sparrow catalog, some new seeds to plant in the potager area and my little silver bunny is watching me and putting her blessing on the selections I make.

I've used my everyday china and placemats since this is just a working lunch for one.


Have a Pink day!

10 comments:

  1. Your "garden planning" table is just perfect and inspiring to comtemplate your designs for this year's garden. I am qute certain that the silver bunny is hoping for some carrots and cabbages to be planted! The china is lovely and pink....and the polka dot stemmed glass is just so cute!! You thought of every minute detail down to the pens being stored in a mini watering can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderful colorful tablescape that elevates the mood ! It's spriiiing !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the Mariposa plates. I'm going to have to do some research on them...they may have to go on my list. The pinks and greens are absolutely inspirational when beginning to think about Spring plantings. Well done! Thank you for sharing your lovely design. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this theme and the spring colors. Nice touches with the watercan and rabbit! Makes me feel like arranging a solitary setting and stacking some of my garden books within easy reach!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed your working lunch-very pretty! I love the English garden magazines too.

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful table! We are all so ready to start our gardens! Thanks for sharing ... and thanks for visiting my site!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I only recently discovered your blog and immediately knew I had found a "soul sister". The floral fabric, the beautiful china and the bunny are so fabulous. I love it all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a charming setting! Thank you for this loveliness!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did a beautiful job with this tablescape! Nice! It would inspire me to get to work in my garden as well. Of course I'm in NY so spring is still just a dream. In fact I just finished a blog about my vintage coats. I can't quite wrap my head around spring time, but I want to! Thanks for sharing this beautiful inspiration with us! Annmarie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails