Sunday, November 28, 2010

A fun Thanksgiving for everyone



















It was so fun making my turkey day table setting. I found cute turkey tureens at Homegoods a few weeks ago and I had this Le Jacquard Francaise tablecloth- called Chinese Market (in saffron colorway) so I used that as the base for the colors of orange, yellow, purple and gold.

I used my big pumpkin soup tureen for the floral centerpiece. I used some fall colored flowers from Publix and added a few small cabbage plants just took two them out of the pots and stuffed then in around all of the flowers- all the flowers were only 15.00 and then I used real tiny artichokes for the place card holders. The flowers are in a mug inside the tureen and then some are just around that mug to fill it out with the potted cabbages.
I like to stack plates so I used the tiny tureens atop a leaf plate and the napkin was part of the plate presentation. I scattered a few gold votive candles and a few small pumpkin tureens around the center piece for more interest and a few real white tiny pumpkins.

It wasn't pink but it was colorful for our traditional Thanksgiving day dinner. Lola, my Pink-In-Laws Yorkie joined us also. We were pretending she was at the table. Hope I gave you a few ideas.

Have a PINK day!

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful table setting!! So very creative. Everyone must have been so delighted to eat at such a festive table. Thanks for sharing. Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a lot of fun planning and enjoying. Such clever ideas.Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very festive! Thank you for sharing...and thank you for stopping by my Pink Saturday post. (I'm just now getting around to visit everyone!)

    Jillian
    Bella Rosa Antiques

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails