Sunday, November 7, 2010

18th Century Clothing




It all looks so romantic and detailed. I love to look at period clothing. One of my favorite classes in college was history of clothing. Of course, wearing something like this is probably far from comfortable. I know that they literally sewed women into the bodices of most of these dresses.

The top image is from the 18th Century blog. I love all the bows. I wonder if women back then asked their husbands, "Does this dress make my derriere look big?" I bet they did!

It is still fun to pretend or to wear them as costumes for a night.


Have a PINK day!

1 comment:

  1. I just love the dress on the top, it's just gorgeous!!! Thanks so much for sharing. Happy Pink Saturday... Blessings~~~ Daphne

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails