Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Raggery my childhood friend




When I was about 5 my elderly neighbor lady made me a rag doll. I named her Raggery and this doll has been with me ever since, she went to college with me and into our first apartment.


I wanted to pack her in my suitcase for our honeymoon but Pink Boy said she could not come along! hummh She got a new dress and new panties a few years ago. I just love her but she is now too old to wash I am told. I spiffed her up as best as I could.

The Lennon Sister (remember them!!) were on the Today Show a few weeks ago showing their dolls they sell on QVC--also rag dolls that look homemade. Their mom made theirs for them for Christmas one year. I couldn't believe how similar they are to Raggery. Perhaps the doll pattern was a popular one at the time or in a woman's magazine?

My friend's 4 year old daughter is getting one of the Lennon Sister's rag dolls for Christmas from me this year. I hope she has as much fun with her as I have had with Raggery. Raggery has always worn pink . She is one of my cherished childhood treasures.

Have a PINK day!

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I love the dolls! I think we've all had the raggedys, no matter how great "we still like us! Rose Marie greetings

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails