Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Odette tutu one of my treasures!





I think I mentioned before that I have a real ballet tutu made by the costume designer of the former Cleveland Ballet. When I lived in Ohio I had her make me a real tutu that I wore to a costume party and to hand out treats.

Now that I have a dressmaker form I decided to find my tutu and put it out in master bedroom where I can enjoy it for awhile. I thought I lost the top part --it ended up in another closet from the bottom part.

I was too thin when I had this made ( due to dental surgery I couldn't eat or drink well for about 6 months) and it doesn't even fit a small dressmaker form!! I had to pin top on with a huge gap in the back. I think I was only 98 lbs then. Yikes!

Most people never see one up close- there are two pieces to the bottom -a mesh pantie attached to the layers of tutu. Best way I find to clean is to immerse the bottom of it in bathtub water with mild mild soap and air dry. The top is a corset really boned and very tight even when I was thinner!

I was supposed to be Odette in Swan Lake so all white. I picture myself soaring up in air on stage! ha It is a fantasy.

Have a PINK day!



1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    Are you selling the Odette Ballet Costume, I am really interested in it and please let me your price on it if you are.

    It is beautiful, thank you,
    Erika

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails