Friday, May 31, 2013

Ring my bell

 Door from inside we painted it high gloss black inside also
 Ringer inside
 Voila new high gloss door with new old style twist doorbell
 Outside twist to ring
Pink peonies look nice against a black door

Happy Show and Tell Friday 
Please join Cindy at My Romantic Home:

Our door was a flat black and had not been repainted in a long time. I wanted a high gloss paint job, almost a lacquer look, so Pink Boy repainted it inside and out. Along the way to this project I saw an old fashioned door bell at a house on the Spring garden tour in Madison ,GA. and was determined to find one for my door. So much more fun than having  a press doorbell that all sound alike.
I found an antique hardware company on line that makes reproduction door bells and it wasn't that expensive and it has hearts etched on the inside ringer-- so fun! Living a pink life is so rewarding. I love to search out pink items and items that make my life more beautiful--to me at least-- and also make my home unique. 
I can't wait for someone to stop by and ring my bell!
Have a Pink day!

2 comments:

  1. Love,love, love the way your front door turned out Marie, it looks sooooo elegant ;)

    Wishing you a great weekend~
    Mari

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails