Wednesday, May 29, 2013

My Southern hometown








The Master Gardener's of Georgia garden tour was fun. While we were enjoying the gardens I also snapped photos of some of the old historic homes around Marietta--our hometown. Lots of history in Marietta and many fine old homes large and small.Not all the homes shown above were on the tour. I just thought they were interesting homes.
I love living in an area with so much Southern history and also a national park nearby. I am in a modern sub division but very close to the square which is the town's hub-- law offices court house shops and restaurants etc.We go over there a lot and the dogs enjoy walking around the square enjoying the fresh air.
Have a Pink day!

3 comments:

  1. These homes are just beautiful and the style is stunning!!! I love the porticos and neoclassical columns!
    best wishes
    Frances

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty! Love the pink roses with the arbor,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to live in that first home!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails