Thursday, April 18, 2013

Closet issues



Closet Drama and makeover

The horror that I have lived with for the last 15 years---my unruly closet! No matter how I try and organize it- -how I try to remove stuff it is always a nightmare. I actually give up on wearing certain garments and accessories because it is too hard to find them in there. I had a lot of stuff in tubs up high that required  Pink Boy to haul them down so that happens ...NEVER! ha

After asking for a closet system forever Pink Boy finally got really tired of my complaining and begging and said yes. So April 3 the wonderful people from Artisan Closets came out to do a makeover! They are a local company and did a great job were quick and on time.

Before the make over I felt like my closet was on crack all crazy and confused







What is this? I cant find anything
One major problem was I had too many non-apparel items in there- -so I took all the wrapping paper and ribbons and gift bags out and made a closet upstairs for all that. I also gave away some handbags I never use to Goodwill.
Artisan Closets did a wonderful job--ask for Vicki if you are ready for a change:
http://www.artisancustomclosets.com/
I wanted the new closet to be organized with more drawers and to have a boutique feel to it. I love white so it is white.Pink Boy painted the ceiling a pale pink and I found a small inexpensive yet sparkly chandelier on EBay and a cute ceiling medallion too for $20.00 on Ebay.
One of my favorite parts is my monogram that Pink Boy stenciled on the new mirror where I will see it everyday.
TA DA! 
 My nicer handbags behind doors to protect them
 All my shoes are in one place -- a miracle
 Closet is open now and wider area 
 New pink ceiling and chandelier on a dimmer
 Still using my hatboxes and pretty things
 A lot of my clothing is now up high --a great thing when you have cats!!
 Storage and hanging areas

Part of my Laduree stuff 
 Flower handbag too pretty to put away
 My MA monogram on the mirror
 Sort of a dresser area above the drrawers
 Pink Boy painted MA on with a stencil and Martha Stewart glass paint
A new pink area rug and my frou frou slippers
The best thing ever... a valet pole so useful 
A long shot showing how wide it is and how much storage 
 I always have a Pink Pig calendar
 Another long shot
Fabulous refers to the Closet make over 
Behind the door lots more hanging area and storage

I feel like a pink princess with my redone closet. I think it is the best gift Pink Boy has given me (other than our pets) It makes me so happy to go in there and I feel so organized now.Less stress and now I can accessorize!
Joining in on:
Show and Tell Friday
and:
Pink Saturday
Have a Pink day!

11 comments:

  1. I loooooove your closet - so pretty and loaded with many indulgent goodies! I'll bet it makes you happy every time you go in... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really classy re-do. I luv the big pc that has purses and display and vanity space. This should really make you happy each day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely closet! That flower handbag is gorgeous,
    Happy Pink Saturday!
    Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
  4. The closet looks beautiful. I love pink too. Thank you for sharing. Blessings Paula

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great closet makeover. You definitely needed it with all the things you have. Your closet is bigger than one of rooms. I do not need much at my age.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a dream come true.... a stunning closet! With lots of pink! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Right on, and get down with your bad self!!! Now THIS is a closet!!!!!!!! I now have a "boutique" closet, too, and I tell you...best thing that ever happened to my marriage because it was a constant battle!!! :-) It just makes you feel like a glamour gal, doesn't it? I sit up a little straighter, actually don't mind putting on makeup, and just channel Marilyn and Greta and Rita (Hayworth), and Lena every time I get dressed. I am so happy for you!!! Enjoy, and a high five to your husband! (Visiting from Pink Saturday)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a dream closet! The problem with downsizing the way we have is that the closets keep getting smaller - I'll have to live vicariously through yours.
    Have a lovely weekend,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seriously this is the most stunning closet ever!!!!!!
    You must love going in there. Beautiful!
    Happy Pink Saturday..xo Tami

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really,really, beautiful my friend, I could live in that gorgeous closet....lol....

    Smiles~
    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  11. AWESOME! WOuld love to do something like that in my walk in closet. Love the built in cabinet with doors. The valet pole is cool.I also have a calendar hanging in my closet~ haha! Visiting from How Sweet The Sound. HAPPY PS!
    S

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails