Monday, January 30, 2012

Laduree makeup !!













Rose petals as blusher






It may seem odd that Laduree has a new makeup line coming out but they have already done some limited make up at Sephora. I have learned that Laduree is a big presence in Japan and the line Les Merveilleuses du Laduree will launch January 29 in Tokyo at Mitswkoshi department store. How I wish I could be there!

Japan seems to get a lot of cute Laduree items that I do not see other places. Little wash cloths and tiny miniatures of the pastries etc.


The packaging is exquisite and fun there are over 20 different shades of blush, plus liquid foundation and lipsticks. The blush will come in several forms as rose petal leaves, in a cute cameo compact and a more traditional egg shaped blush. If you are lucky enough to purchase any of these pretty items don't throw away the packaging it may be worth something someday!



The makeup is made with the company Albion which is know for clever packages and high quality. The name of the line translates to the Wonders of Laduree but the word merveilleuses is a reference to the people who wore court makeup and were society or nobility back in Marie Antoinette's era.



We won't see the line in the USA until fall-- and since the New York Laduree does not ship I doubt most of us will see it then unless we get to NY. I hope they get it there.


Have a Pink day!

3 comments:

  1. How pretty! I love the packaging and the idea of rubbing rose petals on my face sounds wonderful:) guess we'll just have to plan a trip to NYC this fall!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am so all over this! My brother lives in Tokyo...He's going to love going to a cosmetic counter and asking for blush *winks* I think you mean Mitsukoshi? Do you want me to have him pick up something for you too? *winks* Vanna/your newest follower

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails