Thursday, January 12, 2012

I am stuck in Madame de Pompadours era

Happy Pink Saturday!

While I wait for my laptop to be resurrected, I am reading a few books about her era. I am looking at Sevres porcelain on auction sites and trying to learn more about that. I love this painting of her. I have many fun posts planned for the next few weeks but until I can get my photos back in my laptop I am sort of stuck. If I have to be stuck I will use the time to learn.

Did you know that the Petit Trianon at Versailles was originally build for Madame de Pompadour?

Have a Pink day!

5 comments:

  1. I love Marie Antoinette and that whole era too (oh, the clothes in that film ... sigh...).

    Happy Pink Saturday from the UK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HPS!


    Love this image. I am sure what you are reading is very interesting...


    Gabriela

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is beautiful.

    Visiting for Pink Saturday! Here's my share- hope you can stop by:)

    http://www.loveablecassandra.com/2012/01/pink-elephant.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice pink posting. Come by for a giveaway and if you check out earlier postings you'll see I have some Marie Antionette images too!
    http://georgie-hornpuddinnpie.blogspot.com/2012/01/january-huge-giveaway-what-do-you-have.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails