Monday, April 19, 2010

Marie Antoinette doll


This lovely lady is a rendition of the last Queen of France. A very gifted artist named Rosemary made her for me in the late 1980's. I thought I would make a doll house but never did-so my petite Marie Antoinette resides in my curio cabinet where she is admired often.


As many of you readers know I love the blog Une Petite Folie by Linda Carswell. She just completed her French style doll house La Petite Maison. I am waiting anxiously to see what type of French home she will take on next!


On my next visit to Versailles I plan on seeing the queen's apartments- these are the private rooms she really lived in not the public spaces you see on the normal tour of Versailles. These rooms have been restored carefully and I believe some Americans donated money and furniture to fill the rooms. Another fun thing to dream about until I get there.


Have a PINK day!

2 comments:

  1. Oh this doll is just divine, the soft colors are gorgeous.

    I love your pets featured in your sidebar they look totally wonderful and cute...and all the flowers are so beautiful.
    xoxo DJ

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails