Thursday, July 5, 2012

Vanity can be fun

 Dressing table items
 Rococo style powder box
 Pommade pot
 Powder blower
 Miles Redd vanity via Chinoiserie Chic
 Boucher painting

Vanity tables

I am sure you have seen the two paintings at the bottom-- one of Madame de Pompadour and the other by Boucher titled The Milliner.  I saw the pink Miles Redd chinoiserie style vanity table/powder room on the Chinoiserie Chic blog last week and loved it. 
That got me thinking about some other photos I have of items that may have been on a woman't vanity table. Women of the nobility used the time at their vanity tables to meet with people, choose clothing items, seduce and gossip. It was a setting that usually showed a woman's best attributes. Even 200 years later we still have the feminine vanity table. Some of the items on it are different but idea and the prettiness of it endures.
Have a Pink day!

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! I love that pink vanity area! Also, thanks for stopping by my blog on Pink Saturday! Hope you are having a great week!

    Jen
    http://sweetpeakitchen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails