Thursday, April 26, 2012

Preserving peonies

Show and Tell Friday:
http://romantichome.blogspot.com/


My garden contains many pink and white peonies. I love them above all other flowers. I also grow sweet pea and iris which are also my favorites.
Peonies have such a short life span and I often cut them and make arrangements. As they get older I hang them upside down ( makes the color stay in the petals better) and dry them.


I then reuse them in December in one or two of my smaller Christmas trees or in garlands I place over doorways. The pinker the peony the prettier it dries. The raspberry ones that are sort of striped look great dried.
Have a Pink day!

1 comment:

  1. Good Evening Sweetie...
    What a gorgeous share tonight. I love, LOVE peonies. Their scent, their color, the gorgeous size for bouquets. Everything about them is gorgeous. How pretty they look all bundled up and drying upside down from your rack. A beautiful photo indeed.

    Thank you so much for sharing with me. It brings back wonderful memories of the gorgeous peony bush that my beloved Grandma had. It was absolutely breathtaking.

    Many hugs and much love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails