Friday, July 12, 2013

Make it a la Marie Antoinette... with chalk paint



I wanted to make my dining room table fit for a queen ! A can of Annie Sloan chalk paint and a jar of Annie Sloan clear wax and some work executed by Pink Boy and we have a new look. 
It really is a no prep paint just wipe surface off and paint with the chalk paint we used two coats and the chalk paint is formulated so that a small jar really does do a lot of projects. After the second coat ( the second coat he added a few tablespoons of water as directed) Pink Boy added the gold highlights with some gold craft paint and then he applied two coats of clear wax.
A note on the wax can says you can tint the wax if you want and I may still do that.Maybe give it a slight gold hue or add some grey not sure.
I am joining in on Metamorphosis Monday and Show and Tell Friday:
 Have a Pink day!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful transformation, very French, lovely! Also love the ouches of gold, it looks perfect! Mary Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to see you did this...I have been wanting to do something with Annie Sloan paints for awhile and have a gigantic French armoire that I will try with the chalk paint ! I thought of a little gesso to begin with for texture. I love love love how your table came out Marie ! Thank you for sharing. xo, Paulette

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails