Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Pink inkwell



Just when I thought I had all the inkwells I need I saw a very different one on EBay. 
This porcelain one is unusual as it has a base and the two little pots come out and have rose knobs. The third area in the center is washed in gold and I wonder what that area held?-- maybe sand not sure.
It is such a pretty little useful object. I love to look at it and wonder who else had the pleasure of using it.
It is not very old but it does remind me of something dear Queen Marie or Madame de Pompadour would use.
Visit My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday:
http://romantichome.blogspot.com/
Have a Pink day!

1 comment:

  1. Omg Marie this just breathtakingly beautiful.....
    One question are you going to purchase that beauty.....lol.....

    Smiles~
    Mari

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails