Friday, February 10, 2012

Sakura for Valetine's Day







Looks like sakura to me on left kimono





Cherry blossom hair ornaments? I think so
Happy Valentine's Day and Pink Saturday!

http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/



Sakura- Cherry Blossom in Japanese-- the Japanese have been celebrating the cherry blossom for centuries. Here are some lovely shots taken from tumblr and photo bucket I adore cherry blossoms and will someday get to Japan. It would be wonderful to go during cherry blossom festival time.


I also enjoy looking at the kimono many made with cherry blossom inspired fabrics. Happy Pinkatine's Day!


Have a Pink day!

3 comments:

  1. Good Morning Marie Sweetie...
    Happy Pink Saturday and what a beautiful blooming share today. I too, love cherry blossoms. (Cherries are my favorite) and the colors are so striking. Wouldn't it be lovely to travel to Japan during the cherry blossom celebration? Oh how gorgeous it must be.

    Thank you for sharing this beautiful celebration with me this morning. I have so enjoyed my visit. Sorry I haven't been by in a while. I have been sick since before Christmas and am just now back to Pink Saturday today. I have missed you dear friend. Have a beautiful Pink Saturday and Happy Valentine's Day as well.

    Many hugs and much love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such glorious images. Why don't you link your post to Seasonal Sundays?

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy that you decided to join Seasonal Sundays. Hope you'll be here next week too!

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails