Friday, February 24, 2012

Pink marshmallows bien sur!








Pink dot bags are fun with pink ribbon



Dust pan first with confectioners sugar or it won't release!
Happy Pink Saturday!






I actually made these for Christmas for giving and for us to enjoy with hot chocolate. I was watching Ina Garten one day and she made some (not pink) and I was inspired


They are fairly easy to make. Little ones helping must be careful the corn syrup gets very hot!


I am going to make more for Easter to put in baskets with some coco mix.


Ina's Homemade Marshmallow




3 packages unflavored gelatin
1 1/2 cups sugar


1 cup light corn syrup


1/4 kosher salt



1 Tablespoon good vanilla extract ( or rose flavoring, or even mint flavor)


pink food coloring or any pastel looks pretty


Confectioners sugar for dusting



Combine gelatin and 1/2 cup of cold water in the bowl of mixer using a whisk attachment allowing it to sit while you make the syrup


Combine sugar, corn syrup, salt and 1/2 cup water in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat until the sugar dissolves . Raise the heat up high and cook until the syrup reaches 240 F degrees on a candy thermometer. Remove from heat.



Mixer on low slowly pour the sugar syrup into the dissolved gelatin . Whip until mixture is very thick ( about 15 minutes) add flavoring and coloring. Place in big glass or Pyrex pan allow to dry uncovered overnight. I dusted the pan first with confectioners sugar. Cut squares with a warm knife and make sure they are lightly dusted all over with confectioners sugar so they don't stick together. Bag and share! They are SOOOO much nicer than store bought ones. Enjoy! This is a very European style of treat they have them in all flavors in candy shops in Paris.
iN eURVOPE THEY HAVE COLORED FLAVOREVD mInARSHMALLOWS IN CANDY SHOPS


I am joining in Pink Saturday!:




Have a Pink day!

8 comments:

  1. I adore homemade marshmallows. Next time I need to try color and flavor. Yum. I want some right now. Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!Hot chocolate is actually my favorite thing to drink and marshmallows make it more special. I actually saw pink marshmallows at the store a couple weeks ago. I've seen them on blogs, but never at the store. I never thought to make my own! Happy Pink and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable pink marshmallows! Thanks so much for sharing the directions. Happy Pink Saturday. ~Marti

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a new one on me. Since I do very little cooking, guess I am behind times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another fabulous pink I've seen. Love it!

    The Pianist in Pink, have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Pink Saturday Marie Sweetie...
    Oh can you hear me squealing with delight out here in the desert? I am, oh yes I am.

    Home made marshamallows and you shared the recipe as well. Oh I can hardly wait. I am going to try and cut some with my rabbit cookie cutter for each of the grands. Oh how fun is the going to be. I am tickled pink dear friend.

    Have a glorious weekend sweetie. Many hugs and much love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your PINK is very pretty!
    thanks for sharing...and HAppy PINk SatURday!

    ciao bella.
    Creative Carmelina
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi lovely lady.
    Wow home made marshamallows and you shared the recipe a with us how sweet of you.
    I would like to thank you so much for your sweet comments. I hope you have a wonderful weekend with your family.
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails