Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Gifts should be a visual present

 Use snowflakes and pins to adore your gifts
 Ribbon with pearls and stars from Nicholas Kniel's shop
 My favorite ribbon I am out. If you see it send me an email. It is dotted Swiss
 Repurposed macaron box
 Ballerinas from Etsy shop Dream Peddler
 Nickolas Kniel velvet butterfly
 Paper and tag Paper Nosh

For me gift wrapping is a joyful task. I start early and take my time. I love using glitter and fake snow on the Pinkmas gifts. I find I like to use fabric ribbons more than regular package ribbons, It is fun to add little  decorations like ballet dancers and snowflakes.
Dancers from the Dream Peddler on etsy
https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheDreamPeddlery

Double faced satin ribbon is wonderful to work with and creates a soft and luxurious bow and feel. The main colors I use for my Pink holiday are silver, pink, white and sometimes gold accents. I search out paper for wrapping all year long and buy as much as I can of ones I like to create a stockpile as papers are most of the time not printed again.

Paulette at Paper Nosh
 https://www.etsy.com/shop/papernosh 

 is a great source for me for tags, and papers and cards. I took a macaron box and I glued an image on it and then sprayed pearled glitter on the whole thing. It came out well.
 I use  the same boxes for awhile under the tree. So splurging a little on embellishments does not become too costly.
I found this dotted Swiss ribbon a few years ago and can't find it again. Love it since it makes full fluffy bows. 
Nicholas Kniel's shop here in Atlanta is wonderful for finding that unusual add or. He has flowers and ribbons and little birds and butterflies made of fabric that I glue on bows or right onto a present.
 I'm joining in Rose Garden IN Malevik's Saturday Show Off:
http://maleviksrosentradgard.blogspot.com/
Have a Pink day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails