Thursday, December 4, 2014

Charleston in holiday mode

 Pottery Barn display
 King Street Shop display- so clever



Charleston was a fun trip with friends for the long Thanksgiving weekend. We dined at McCrady's on turkey day and had a lot to be thankful for especially after eating all the delicious food. It was a bit chilly so it felt like real holiday shopping along King Street. Always some new path or building or shop to discover.

The highlight of this trip was meeting Carolyne Roehm designer, author, lecturer,passionate gardener, lifestyle guru. She has a home in Charleston  now and spends part of the year there enjoying the milder weather.

 I follow her blog and knew she had had a serious bike accident earlier this year. I was so thrilled to see her looking well and out and about that I did something I usually do not do. I spoke to her and asked her how she was feeling now. She was gracious and friendly and I'm thrilled that she is well.
Her blog is:
http://carolyneroehm.com/2012/05/18/gardening/
Her Charleston home
Have a Pink day!

2 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to go to Charleston. Love the first photo with all the trees. I am doing a table on Saturday at our ladies meeting. I think I'll try some of those ideas. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it will be very pretty. Get to Charleston someday if at all possible. You will love it.

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails