Monday, March 10, 2014

God is in the details







We have all heard that famous quote-- fittingly for this post it was said by architect Mies van der Rohe- but no where is it more evident than at Versailles, The details are amazing and were not only artistic but also a visual reminder that the King is the state and is  God's representative on earth. No matter how many times I see photos or visit Versailles and the grounds I am always enthralled by the details. We seem to have lost a lot of that" detailed"thinking and ability to make things with such attention to detail.
Therefore we must enjoy it and learn from it when we happen across it as you do often in European buildings, at historic properties, in museums, in fashion and in pastry.
Have a Pink day!

2 comments:

  1. Wow Marie, such amazing details, it's so sad how things are not as beautiful made anymore.....
    I would love to be surrounded by such beautifully made items...

    Smiles~
    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Marie! I love visiting Versailles, but I am usually looking up at the artwork. Thank you for showing me these wonderful details - I will try to notice the smaller things the next time that I go.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails